Oysters Rockefeller makes a delectable appetizer and would be a great way to start your Thanksgiving holiday meal. Enjoy!
- 48 oysters
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 tablespoons onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2/3 cup toasted, fresh bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- rock salt
Scrub oysters with stiff brush under cold running water. Shuck and drain.
Melt 12 tablespoons butter in small saucepan. Add spinach, onion, parsley, celery, tarragon, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and Tabasco. Simmer about 5 minutes.
Spread layer of rock salt in baking pan. Place deep halves of oyster shells level on rock salt. Place oyster in each. Spread spinach mixture over each oyster. Combine bread crumbs and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle over tops. Bake at 450°F until oysters are done, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor