Most of our pasta recipes almost make a meal in themselves. Just add a crisp vegetable salad, and enjoy a little taste of Italy.
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 4 ounces thin egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup Chinese (or green) cabbage, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion, including tops
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in wok or heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add green onion and stir 1 minute. Add shrimp and garlic and stir 2 minutes. Add cabbage and carrots and stir 4 minutes. Add bean sprouts and stir 3 minutes. Add noodles, soy sauce, salt and pepper and stir until noodles are heated. Serves 2 to 3.