Most of our pasta recipes almost make a meal in themselves. Just add a crisp vegetable salad, and enjoy a little taste of Italy.
- 1 1/2 pound medium shrimp
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cook shrimp in salted or seasoned water. Peel and set aside.
Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain, toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and set aside. In medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Lightly saute garlic. Add broth and bring to boil. Add wine and reheat. Add pasta, shrimp and margarine and reduce heat. Stir in parsley, red pepper, salt and black pepper. Simmer until heated. Serves 6 to 8.