- 1 pound backfin crabmeat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup coarse French bread crumbs
- 1 cup coarse French bread crumbs for coating
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil
In a medium bowl, combine egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, lemon juice, mustard, Old Bay, salt, pepper and parsley. Blend in bread crumbs.
Gently blend in crabmeat, being careful not to break pieces apart.
Make into 6 to 8 crab cakes. Lightly coat with remaining 1 cup crumbs.
Heat oil in a skillet. Fry at 350° F until brown, about 4 to 5 minutes on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Contributed by Joyce Taylor